Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bill Maher: But I'm not Wrong

Tonight my wife and I watched Bill Maher's new HBO special, But I'm not Wrong.





We watch Maher's Real Time series on HBO, I also watched his previous show, Politically Incorrect.


I've enjoyed his last 3 or 4 stand up specials--I have an appreciation for his heathen wit, and he did not disappoint tonight, either. And Religulous was...outstanding.

His new special was funny, with some very poignant comments and thought provoking moments. And even though he loves himself some Israel and President Obama, he allowed himself to criticize the president a little.

In fact, toward the end, he echoes my sentiment about the Republicans and Democrats both being equally deep in the pockets of corporations.

He's equally cynical with regard to Sarah Palin and religion.
It was funny. If I believe in anything at all, it's that laughing your ass off is very healing for your mind, body and spirit, because after laughing your ass, there's a sort of euphoric buzz not all that dissimilar to a post orgasm buzz.

Or so say I.
If you like cynical, political stand up commentary with lots of "fucks", "cocks" and "shits,"by all means check it out. It's also very current regarding events.

jef



No comments:

Post a Comment