Thursday, April 29, 2010

GOP candidate wants to microchip illegal immigrants

By Emily Kaiser, Wednesday, Apr. 28 2010

If there's one thing Republicans are good at, it's the good old-fashioned shock-and-awe approach. This one has our jaws dropping.

Pat Bertroche, a GOP congressional candidate in Iowa's Third District, has a unique approach to the nation's illegal immigration policy. It's kind of like how we catch, tag, and release wild animals for monitoring. Only this is for humans.

Bertroche says he wants to round up illegal immigrants and stick a microchip in them. He says it works great when his dog gets away, so why wouldn't it work on Mexicans?

Check out his quotes in the Cedar Rapids Gazette:

"I think we should catch 'em, we should document 'em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going. I actually support micro-chipping them. I can micro-chip my dog so I can find it. Why can't I micro-chip an illegal? That's not a popular thing to say, but it's a lot cheaper than building a fence they can tunnel under."

No comments:

Post a Comment